* Besides family, working on airguns, answering email questions, answering phone questions, eating and sleeping, I do have a life. Please be considerate of my time. Sending me tons of emails or ones four pages of questions each needing a paragraph to answer won't get me moving fast. In fact it slows me down or I'll have to put my reply on the back burner until I do have time to reply. I do like helping people, but when it reaches the point that it's constant with no end in sight I'll have to quit responding.
What gun I should get questions, I generally avoid. This is addressed in my FAQ but it thought I'd mention here as I still get many calls a week. Prefacing your question with I want a tune when I buy, doesn't change anything. It for the most part has proven to be a lie to get one's foot in the door. Probably 90% of the time I never hear from them again. Unfortunately, most have ruined it for others and it leaves me in the middle to deal with it. Not trying to be a jerk. Just take time to read my FAQ. It explains why in detail. THANKS!
* Keep in mind that the telephone still can't be beat for getting all the information you need right away. Often many rounds of "email tag" must be played to answer a few simple questions that would have taken less than 5 minutes over the phone. Please read my FAQ page before calling. I'd really appreciate it!
* Always give a phone number where you can be reached when placing an order or inquiry. This will speed up the process a great deal!
**If you don't get an answer right away, feel free to drop me a call again. I do not deliberately ignore anyone, sometimes I just plain forget to respond when I get overwhelmed with inquiries or my work load is high.
**When asking for a quote on shipping costs, be
to include your shipping address. It's easy to forget that your email
doesn't give this information.
*At this time I do not export to other countries or US territories. Maybe at some other time when I have better safeguards in place but I've lost too much money at this point to continue to do so.
*The most important thing to remember when ordering is to contact me before sending payment so you can find out if the item is still available and have me put it aside for you pending payment.
*Be sure to include a note detailing our conversation with payment. I am not likely to remember the details of our conversation unless you spell it out.
* Please include a phone number with the order, so that I can call if there are questions or problems with your order. This will speed up the process.
*Also, include your email address on your note so you will get a tracking # from UPS when the gun ships.
*I accept checks, money orders or cash as payment. Checks will be held until they clear.
*I Currently don't take Credit Cards. I no longer take funds through PayPal.
*Please include payment with your gun if tune work is being done. This will greatly reduce the time it will take to get the gun back to you.
* Unless a item is on sale the price is pretty
firm. Often I have a good bit of time in work done and asking for
a better price or free shipping several times only makes me feel bad as
I have too much time invested for the price to be a low as it is.
Tennessee State residents please remember to include sales tax 9.25%
Out- of -State shipments are not subject to sales tax of any kind.
Turn Around Time
I know that it does get frustrating to wait for weeks or even months to get your gun back, but I give each gun the special attention it deserves and will never "rush" a job. I can however; take a rush order on "tune work" from time to time. This means that I will try to fit you in-between other jobs. I will only do this for customers I've worked for before. There is an additional fee for these "rush orders". I will estimate this fee according to how fast you need the job back. There may be times when a "rush order" is not possible due to other pending orders so please ask me before sending these types of jobs.
That said, I do appreciate your business and will do everything I can to ensure a reasonable turn around time!
All guns are shipped signature
required. When giving me a
address to ship to, please give one that the package can be signed for
when it arrives.
Always ship your gun with the stock mounted on
the action or at least with packaging that that will allow me to send
it back that way. Trigger adjustments change when actions are
mounted in the stock and sometimes the the gun won't cock if the screws
are over tightened. It's just too much hassle to send guns out
and deal with the fallout.
Never Never Never!!! Send a gun packed in packing
peanuts!!!! I HATE them and your gun does too ;-)
Boxes for return shipping costs $15 extra on top
of shipping. This is for guns left with me at gun shows with no
box, guns shipped in boxes that are no longer ridged and on their last
leg and guns sent in boxes to small to return ship with (guns shipped
with stock removed).
When shipping a gun it's best to remove scopes and trigger shoes before sending the gun in for service. Scopes aren't needed when a tune is done. I have scopes here for testing if need be. Mounted scopes and stocks are the two biggest breakage risk items. Trigger shoes often have the small set screws over tightened and stripped heads. It's very time consuming for me to get them off if this is the case and I have to charge for it.
As a general rule the bigger and the heavier the package the more likely it is to get damaged. A good deal of the damaged guns that came here were in heavy hard gun cases. Heavy packages are not loaded onto trucks, they are thrown!!
Shipping in double gun cases or large single gun cases also makes the package ship at a 30 pound minimum rate with UPS and a few others. That's fine with me but it as a rule of thumb makes the shipping at least $36 minimum for return shipping "My Cost". So I'm not gouging on shipping that's just how it is.
Upon receipt of your order:
*Inspect immediately for shipping Damage!!!!
* All packages leave Spring Gunning in good order. Once the package is picked up by the carrier, it becomes the carrier's responsibility to safely deliver it to the purchaser.
It is the purchaser's responsibility to inspect immediately for shipping damage. In the event of damage, it is the purchaser's responsibility to notify the carrier and initiate a claim (be sure to save all packaging materials.)
I do not ship to New York City and its boroughs (Manhattan, Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, these zip codes are: 100xx-104xx, 110xx, 112xx-114xx, 116xx), the city of Philadelphia, PA, New Jersey and Washington DC. It is against the law for me to ship to these locations and it is illegal for you to receive guns of any kind in these locations!!!!!
* I hate to do this but work left more than 60 days will be considered abandoned. If your working with me on payment I'll work with you but if you've had work done and you totally disappear when you're asked to send money, I will consider it abandoned after 60 days.
*In the event of shipping damage, refer to the shipping section above
* Most items are returnable for a full refund
shipping) provided that they are returned within three days and in the
same condition as shipped. The only exceptions to this are where damage
has been caused by the carrier or the purchaser. This is due to an
number of people buying the merchandise, trying it (so I can no longer
sell it as new or return it myself (ie: Scopes with ring marks, dinged
stocks ect...) and returning the item for a refund. All sales are final
on closeout items. The three day return will only apply to one gun
Customer pays all shipping cost.
Thanks for taking the time to read the above!
260 Charlotte DR
Oakland, TN 38060